Hiking trail 8 – 8a | The Fabrica and Bistis’ tower
Hiking trail 8 is a green route, passing through significant settlements of naval and agricultural Andros, alongside the stream of Pythara. Crossing the changing landscape and a large number of monuments, you will find picturesque villages with springs and magnificent churches. Arched bridges of Apoikia and Leontos, the towers of Agadakis and Bistis, the watermill of Empeirikos (Fabrica) and the beach and wetland of Gialia. It crosses through the areas of Apoikia, Apatouria, Stenies, Gialia and Neimporio beach. Bypass 8a takes you to Watermill of Empeirikos.
- Signage: Hiking trail 8 – 8a in Andros
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Distance: 3,8 km – 5,7km with 8a
- Duration: 1,5 hours – 2 hours with 8a
- Elevation: 290 meters
- Access: Central Square of Apoikia, on the main road from Chora to Apoikia. From Neimporio beach
- Trail status: Open
- Drinking water – Food: Water in Apikia, spring of Sariza, Apatouria, Stenies, food infrastructure in Neimporio, Apoikia.
- Connection with other trails
No2 – No2a