Hiking trail 18 – 18a | Cave “Foros” and the arched bridge of Aladinou
Hiking trail 18 – 18a is a verdant route to the beautiful mountain range of Gerakones. You will enjoy the beautiful view of the Messaria valley and the ravines. You will find forest and picturesque settlements. It crosses through the areas of Livadia, Vrachnou, Falika, Aladinou, and Messaria. Following the 18th century arched bridge of Aladinou village with the numerous springs, you will find the Cave “Foros”.
- Signage: Hiking trail 18 – 18a
- Difficulty: Moderate | It is difficult in sections with intense slopes near Profitis Daniel and from the dirt road of Livadia to Vrachno, where for a few meters the path coincides with a ravine.
- Distance: 8 km – 9 Km including the bypass cave “Foros.”
- Duration: 4 hours
- Elevation: 450 meters
- Access: Riverside road next to a motorcycle workshop and Vakoni on the central road of Chora – Gavrio.
- Trail status: Open | Dense vegetation and fallen rocks in some places
- Drinking water – Food: Water in Vrachnou, Falika, Aladinou. There is no infrastructure for food along the trail.
- Connection with other trails