Hiking trail 9a | The Archaeological Site of Paleopolis
Hiking trail 9a is an excellent circular exploration of the archaeological site of Palaiopolis, the capital of Andros for a millennium. Exceptional remnants, green parts of the route, magnificent views of the coastline and the stunning mountain of Petalos. The pure beach of Paleopolis with the sunken yet visible ancient breakwater.
- Signage: Hiking trail 9a
- Difficulty: Moderate | Difficult in some parts from Ano Paleopoli to the Museum.
- Distance: 4,5 km with connection to trail No9
- Duration: 2 – 2,5 hours
- Elevation: 190 meters
- Access: Road from Gavrio to Paleopolis, on the vertical road to the beach opposite the Archaeological Museum.
- Trail status: Open – Higher vegetation in some sections
- Drinking water – Food: Water at Paleopolis
- Connection with other trails