Hiking trail 4 | The mountain range of Rachi and the Monastery
Hiking trail 4 is a route with landscape shifts from the southwest coastline to the southern inland. It crosses the mountain range of Rachi with the vital biodiversity. You will find the Tromarchia Monastery and spectacular views. Well-made stone walls, settlements, watermills and springs. You will also see towers, the impressive arched bridge, the springs and the old washing facilities of Aidonia village. It crosses through the areas of Ammonakliou, Moussiona and Aidonia.
- Signage: Hiking trail 4 (in progress)
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Distance: 7 km
- Duration: 2,5 Hours
- Elevation: 200 meters
- Access: Road from Gavrio or Korthi to Tromarchia Monastery – the main road of Aidonia at the springs.
- Trail status: Open – Higher vegetation at some points
- Drinking water – Food: Water in the Tromarchia Monastery and the settlements of Niona, Aidonia. Food infrastructure at Korthi Bay
- Connection with other trails
No4 – No3